PART 1: WHAT IS BAPTISM?
Watch Dot and Bouncy explain what is baptism.
You are baptized.
Why did your parents choose baptism for you?
When were you baptized?And who was there?
Ask your parents what it was like, and if you have a chance look at photos from your baptism. Mark your baptism on your calendar! It’s your birthday into the Church!
CREATE YOUR BAPTISM PICTURE FRAME
It’s time to grab some glue (or a glue gun) and create special memento to help remember the day of your Baptism.
You will need:
- Liquid glue, or a glue gun
- A photo of your child’s Baptism (or a family photo)
- Popsicle sticks
- A clothes pin or some string
- Little decorations (sparkles, stars, stickers, etc.)
1. Line 12 popsicle sticks side by side.
2. With the 6 small popsicle sticks, glue them in place as shown below. Let dry.
3. Decorate the flat side of the picture frame allowing space for your child’s photo from their Baptism.
4. Glue the bamboo clothes pin in place on the back as shown below. (You may also use a string to have a hanging photo instead). Let dry.
5. Attach a photo from your child’s Baptism
Take a photo of yourself with your picture frame and send it to us.
Feel free to also create your own design! Check these out for inspiration.
PART 3: Jesus’ Baptism
PRAYERS TO PRACTICE (TRY SAYING BEFORE BED)
Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you
And blessed is the fruit
of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Glory to the Father
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit;
As it was in the beginning,
is now and will be forever.
ACT OF CONTRITION
I love you with all my heart
and I am sorry for my sins.
Please forgive me.
I promise not to sin again.
Help me always
to be more like you.
Congratulations you finished section one!
Now on to “day 2” Love and Mercy…. click the link below!
Or return “home” and begin “Love and Mercy” tomorrow!