We are SO EXCITED that you are preparing for your 1st Holy Communion with us! Like the video says – it is made to be done with child AND parent (and maybe even the whole family!) So make sure everyone is here and ready!
The Wedding Feast
Watch the video then answer the questions below:
- What “ran out” at the wedding?
- What does Mary say to the servants after talking to Jesus?
- The water that Jesus turned into wine was it better, worse or the same as the wine that the guests had first?
Something to think about: This Bible story tells us something about the Mass – which is a heavenly wedding feast. When Jesus is present, we have what our souls need to live and live JOYFULLY!
Jesus feeds 5,000
Watch the video then answer the questions below.
1. Was there enough food in the beginning?
2. After Jesus gave thanks was there enough food? More than enough?
3. Take a moment to imagine you are there in the crowd, watching Jesus multiply the loves and fish. Think of everything you see, hear and smell. Now imagine you see the 12 baskets of leftovers from only 5 loaves and 2 fish. What do you feel? Are you surprised? Can Jesus do anything? What might you want to ask Jesus in this moment?
PRAYERS TO PRACTICE
(TRY SAYING BEFORE BED)
Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you
And blessed is the fruit
of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Glory to the Father
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit;
As it was in the beginning,
is now and will be forever.
ACT OF CONTRITION
I love you with all my heart
and I am sorry for my sins.
Please forgive me.
I promise not to sin again.
Help me always
to be more like you.