Jesus teaches people what it means to be a true follower, how to walk in his footsteps. Watch these two videos and then read the questions below.
What would Jesus Do?
What would you do in these situations to follow in Jesus’ footsteps? Parents: There are multiple appropriate answers
- Your parent makes your lunch for you, but when you open it up you find a vegetable you don’t really like. When you get home from school would you say thank you for the lunch or would you tell your parent what you didn’t like about your lunch? Or both?
- Sara is new at your school. When it is lunchtime she is not sure of what to do. You want to help Sara, but a few of the kids in your class tell you not be friends with her. What would you do?
- Your friends make fun of you for being friends with Sara, the new girl at your school. What would you do? Would you stop being friends with Sara? Would you tell your friend” that you can be friends with both them and Sara? Would you tell your friends it is not nice to make fun of other people?
- In all of these situations, what would Jesus want you to do?
Following Jesus and doing what he wants us to do isn’t always easy. Following Jesus means we listen and follow Jesus with our heart and our actions. How we treat others is showing others how much we love Jesus and how we treat him.
Jesus Heals the Sick
- Why do you think Jesus healed the 10 lepers? (Hint: Jesus saw that they were sick and hurting and he wanted to take away their pain.)
- How many of the men came back? (Hint: Only 1!)
- Why did only 1 come back? (Answers vary: Maybe the others were so excited they didn’t think to go back to see Jesus till a lot later; Maybe this one man thought about it right away; Maybe because he was so happy and thankful, etc.)
- What can we do to be more like Jesus? (Answers vary: Help others, etc.
PRAYERS TO PRACTICE
(TRY SAYING BEFORE BED)
Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you
And blessed is the fruit
of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Glory to the Father
and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit;
As it was in the beginning,
is now and will be forever.
ACT OF CONTRITION
I love you with all my heart
and I am sorry for my sins.
Please forgive me.
I promise not to sin again.
Help me always
to be more like you.